My Music presents its first "Big Band" music retrospective featuring the biggest songs that got us through World War II and kick-started the baby boom with brassy legends that will take you on a "Sentimental Journey." This program brings together the original hit makers and legends that define the GI generation's memories. Peter Marshall (of the legendary Hollywood Squares) hosts this event, which for the first time mixes vintage live, rare, and unreleased footage from the Big Band era.
1. In The Mood - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra2. (I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra3. Chatanooga Choo-Choo - Tex Beneke4. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Andrews Sisters5. Heart & Soul - Larry Clinton & His Orchestra with Bea Wain6. Tuxedo Junction - Harry James & His Orchestra7. Skyliner - Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra8. Green Eyes - Bob Eberly & Helen O'Connell9. I'll Never Smile Again - Tommy Dorsey / Frank Sinatra & The Pied Pipers10. Dream - The Pied Pipers11. Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway12. Sing, Sing, Sing - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra13. These Foolish Things - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra14. Medley - Guy Lombardo & His OrchestraAuld Lang Syne, Sweet Georgia Brown, Object of My Affection, Boo-Hoo, TennesseeWaltz, Blue Tango, Moon River15. Medley - Sammy Kaye & His OrchestraHarbor Lights, Baby Face, It Isn't Fair, Hey Daddy16. Medley - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra with Ray Eberle & The ModernairesDon't Sit Under the Apple Tree, At Last, Moonlight Cocktails17. Lawrence Welk sign-off - "Goodnight, Everyone" (encore credit act)18. Take The "A" Train - Duke Ellington (encore credit act
19. Peter Marshall's Lost Big Band Show - An entire lost show with the original Big Band hit makers featuring "In The Mood," "Tuxedo Junction," "Elmer's Tune," "Moonlight Cocktails," "(I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo," "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" and "Moonlight Serenade."
Who performs in this Lost Big Band Show? Tex Beneke, Ray Eberly, Paula Kelly and The New Modernaires. It was a live concert that took place at The Hollywood Paladium in the early 1980's.
20. Stardust - Jack Teagarden & His Orchestra with Hoagy Carmichael21. Deep Purple - Larry Clinton & His Orchestra with Bea Wain22. It's Been A Long, Long Time - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra with June Christy23. Interview with Woody Herman24. Interview with Artie Shaw25. Interview with Doris Day & Les Brown
This collection includes
Those Sentimental Years (3-CD Set) and the Only Big Band CD You'll Ever Need
Those Sentimental Years (3-CD Set) (CD)
1. In the Mood2. I Can't Give YOu Anything But Love3. To Each His Own4. Deep Purple5. Dream Little Dream of Me6. Where Or When7. Blue Tango8. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes9. It's Only a Paper Moon10. Green Eyes11. String of Pearls12. I'll Be Seeing You13. So Rare14. Dream15. When the Saints Go Marching In16. Tuxedo Junction17. Amapola18. Bwetween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea19. That Old Black Magic20. As Time Goes By
1. Juke Box Saturday Night2. Skylark3. I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire4. What Is This Thing Called Love?5. Who's Sorry Now?6. It Don't Mean A Thing(If it Ain't Got That Swing)7. At the Woodchopper's Ball8. One O'Clock Jump9. Let's Fall In Love10. Tangerine11. Kaye's Melody12. Ebb Tide13. Deep in a Dream14. I Wanna Be Loved15. G.I. Jive16. Heart and Soul17. Oh Lady, Be Good!18. September Song19. And the Angels Sing20. Tiger Rag
1. Sentimental Journey2. All Or Nothing At All3. These Foolish Things4. All the Things You Are5. Embraceable You6. Blue Moon7. There'sll Be a Hot Time in the Town of Berlin Tonight8. Bewitched9. I Only Have Eyes for You10. I'll Be With You in Apple Blossom Time11. All I Do is Dream of You12. I've Got the World On a String13. Stardust14. I Can't Help It15. Moonlight Serenade16. I Remember You17. Music, Music, Music18. It Might as Well Be Spring19. Speak Low20. You'll Never Know
The Only Big Band CD You'll Ever Need (CD)
1. Chattanooga Choo-Choo (From the 20th Century Fox film "Sun Valley Serenade")2. Stompin' at the Savoy3. Take the "A" Train4. Four Brothers5. Tempo and Swing6. Begin the Beguine7. Song of India8. In the Mood9. Margie10. Bill's Mill11. King Porter Stomp12. Ya Gotta Try13. It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)14. Variety Stomp (1998 Remastered - Take 2)15. Cherokee16. (I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo (From "Orchestra Wives")17. I'm in the Mood for Love18. Frenesi19. Tuxedo Junction20. Sing, Sing, Sing (With A Swing) (Parts 1 & 2)